Connecting... Disconnected: Connection timed out. (Delay = 1

Forum rules
Forum rules go here.
bibla

Connecting... Disconnected: Connection timed out. (Delay = 1

Post by bibla »

Im having this issue when i go to join a GTA3 server through the MTAClient.exe

NOTE: I have GTA3 v1.1 (no radio stations)

Error: Connecting...
Disconnected: Connection timed out. (Delay = 10 sec)

Image of Error: http://i48.tinypic.com/epopea.jpg

If any fix to this is possible please help, Thanks.
SugarD-x
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Connecting... Disconnected: Connection timed out. (Delay

Post by SugarD-x »

That is because my servers are currently down pending a move. :)

Please also note that we do not support piracy, and we cannot assist those who have a pirated game.
Jaysds1
Beta Tester

Post by Jaysds1 »

Bibla,
try running your server and connect to it using your ip and port.
bibla

Post by bibla »

I get 3 errors when now doing "start game"

1. cannot move weapon.dat to weapon.original
2. cannot move weapon.mta to weapon.dat
3. you have a modified MTA client

i got Liberty-Unleashed since its so simple yet easy to play, but if their is a fix to this please say cause i love MTA:SA and want to try GTA3:MTA. ;).
SugarD-x
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by SugarD-x »

When you go to run the MTA 0.5r2 client, right-click on it and choose "Run As Administrator". The permissions in Windows Vista and above have created the need for this extra step, which is annoying at best. It has been fixed for the upcoming 0.5.1 version, which will instead ask for the permissions on start-up in those Operating Systems.

The reason why this extra step is needed is because MTA is installed into both it's own Program Files folder, and a Program Files folder owned by your GTA games. These folders from Windows Vista and above are protected for security reasons to prevent malicious programs from installing there. This extra step basically allows you to tell the computer that you are allowing this program to make changes to the specific folders within "Program Files". Essentially it's just a harmless way of granting it the access needed to swap the game files and run correctly. In the future, when GTA3:MTA/MTA:VC Blue is completed, this shouldn't be an issue as it would run on memory hooks rather than file swapping.
bibla

Post by bibla »

Ill wait for the next release, this mta is giving me the shits with the shitload of errors (i know it works with cracked gta3 + 1.1) but its just not working.

off-topic question: are you gonna get IV:GTA3 (RAGE ENGINE) Mod? or IV:VC or IV:SA? lol ;)
SugarD-x
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by SugarD-x »

1. We can't assist users with pirated games.
2. What errors are you receiving?
3. Likely not through us, only because we have a specific set of goals in mind...however, I would absolutely love to see someone else pull it off who is capable. It would be really awesome to play. :)
bibla

Post by bibla »

"3. Likely not through us, only because we have a specific set of goals in mind...however, I would absolutely love to see someone else pull it off who is capable. It would be really awesome to play.". It has been done lol... IV:SA (done) IV:VC (done) IV:GTA3 (demo available)

GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas have been ported to GTA IV's RAGE engine (rockstar advanced game engine) and lemme tell you something... its amazing!!!! ;)

I really cannot be bothered posting the error/errors that i get becuase they change all the time and i really just cannot be bothered, hence their are no 'working' servers for MTA 0.x

I really nice thing i would like to see in a server would be all island accessible and the F1 menu like in MTA:SA when you join a public server. Hope the next release of MTA (0.5.1) will be error-free.

1 question... what game executable of gta3 does MTA run on? 1.0 or 1.1?
SugarD-x
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by SugarD-x »

For the GTA IV Rage topic, I mean the multiplayer side of things. Someone still needs to make a GTA IV multiplayer mod under the MTA name if we were to participate in it, because it would then need to be modded to support those game mods. Otherwise, someone needs to mod IV:MP itself to support them, or create a different, brand new multiplayer mod. :)

As for the GTA III executable, either works, but we highly recommend you use version 1.1 as it is much more stable and bug-free. Rockstar Games offers a patcher for legal copies of the executable, however if you are using a legal copy of the game with a No-CD executable, you can simply replace it with a 1.1 versioned one.
bibla

Post by bibla »

Im using a cracked edition but it works fine with 1.0 or 1.1, when will MTA 0.5.1 be released?