Cannot bloody delete MTAClient.exe !!! OMG!

bibla

Cannot bloody delete MTAClient.exe !!! OMG!

Post by bibla »

Anyway getting straight to the point, i didnt like MTA:VC cause of no running servers, decided to uninstall... that all went well but one .exe (MTAClient.exe) would not uninstall or be able to be deleted.

I even tried using FileAssassin to delete and that wouldn't work, it comes up with an error saying when i try to delete it...

-Access is denied
-Requires admin privellages (even though my account is Admin!)
-Requests permission from User-HP

Iv been able to delete everysingle other file besides that one tiny .exe! Any help would be great, i just want to get rid of it.

Thanks, Bibla. :)
SugarD-x
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Cannot bloody delete MTAClient.exe !!! OMG!

Post by SugarD-x »

The latest released version has a small bug in it where the process will sometimes take awhile to close after the program has been closed. I'm not sure of the cause, but trust me when I say it annoys me too. :lol:

Just open Task Manager through "Ctrl+Shift+Esc" or any other method, and go to the Processes tab. Once "MTAClient.exe" disappears from that list, you'll be able to delete the file. :)

As for there being no servers, there are some, but the gaming service, "Game-Monitor", is experiencing issues right now. Our next version of the mod, MTA 0.5.1, is also not released yet, so there are no servers up for it because of that reason.
Jaysds1
Beta Tester

Post by Jaysds1 »

Well, there is a server up and running!

Check here: http://servers.projectredivivus.com/
SugarD-x
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by SugarD-x »

Jaysds1 wrote:Well, there is a server up and running!

Check here: http://servers.projectredivivus.com/
That listing only applies to MTA 0.5.1, which isn't released yet. :)
bibla

Post by bibla »

Their is no "MTAClient.exe" service running... any other solution?

Side question: which do you prefer? GTA3:MTA or MTA:VC? and btw i tried connecting to that server on the MTAClient/MTABrowser and i couldn't connect, most likely due to inactivity, ports, wrong client version (im running 1.1 i think).
Jaysds1
Beta Tester

Post by Jaysds1 »

Try downloading the latest nightly then uninstalling it with everything in the same folder.
SugarD-x
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by SugarD-x »

bibla wrote:Their is no "MTAClient.exe" service running... any other solution?

Side question: which do you prefer? GTA3:MTA or MTA:VC? and btw i tried connecting to that server on the MTAClient/MTABrowser and i couldn't connect, most likely due to inactivity, ports, wrong client version (im running 1.1 i think).
What error message are you getting? Are you on an administrator account? The lesser-privileged accounts may not have the permissions to uninstall/delete certain file types.

Personally I prefer GTA3:MTA myself because GTA III has always been my favorite. However, I am also a huge fan of MTA:VC because I love GTA:VC too! Once in a while I even pop into MTA:SA to check things out. :)

@Both of you: MTA 0.5.1 servers are not compatible with MTA 0.5, 0.5r2, or anything earlier. The server listings page on this website is for MTA 0.5.1 servers only.

If you are interested in a list of MTA 0.5r2 and earlier servers, you can check out Game-Monitor.com's listings, and the servers listed in the External Server Browser in MTA 0.5r2. If you don't see any listed in either, it is because Game-Monitor is having issues right now that are being worked on.
bibla

Post by bibla »

Its not their anymore? it must of deleted itself when i re-booted my comp... thanks for you're help anyway, very much appreciated man ;)
SugarD-x
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by SugarD-x »

bibla wrote:Its not their anymore? it must of deleted itself when i re-booted my comp... thanks for you're help anyway, very much appreciated man ;)
No problem, my friend. Glad to have helped! :)
bibla

Post by bibla »

One more thing... any servers for GTA3:MTA, cause i just installed GTA 3 and want to know if their are any servers running for it (MTA 0.5r2 or earlier).

EDIT: Not needed, everythings fine.