Happy 9th Birthday Project Redivivus!!!

SugarD-x
Webmaster
Webmaster

Happy 9th Birthday Project Redivivus!!!

Post by SugarD-x »

It is with great pride that I recognize Project Redivivus for nine years of dedicated work and effort to the Multi Theft Auto project for our much beloved Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City games! Over the years, we have seen numerous people come and go, contributing massively to a project that has had deep meaning to many of the people in this community and others. Throughout this time, I have also met some of the kindest, funniest, and most-skilled people in my life. Having the chance to work alongside some of Multi Theft Auto's original developers has opened my eyes to some of the history of MTA and many other GTA multiplayer mods, and how they are what they are today. (The dedication put forth by the MTA team is nothing short of impressive). In the process, I've also seen quite a few of our own developers go on to officially work alongside the MTA team in multiple different capacities, thus helping to continue what we all know and love even more.

To celebrate this long-standing group's birthday, I was hoping to officially release MTA 0.6 Nightly 2 to everyone. The plan was to push back the Windows XP/Boost fixes to 0.6 Nightly 3 so everyone could have something to play with in the mean time. Unfortunately our development team has run into an issue with compiling the Linux version of MTAServer, which is currently holding back this release. Fear not, though! We are still actively working on this, and hope that a resolution will be found within the coming days so everyone can have a late birthday gift from the PR team!

Things are just around the corner, boys and girls. While 0.6 still has quite a bit of work left to be done on it before it can be open-sourced and released, significant progress has been made, and we are getting much closer to the end of it than ever before. This means that we'll hopefully be seeing releases to 0.7 and Blue also coming in the near future once the 0.6 base has been finalized for public use and view. Good things are coming. We just need a little more of your patience as we prepare them!