Why Project Redivivus?

TheGTA

Why Project Redivivus?

Post by TheGTA »

Hey there,

I just found out about this project that wants to bring MTA:LC and MTA:VC back to life. I myself wanted to write a Multiplayer for GTA III once, but then realised that it was a waste of time.

You know that III and VC share alot of problems that SA has? MTA:SA did not manage to provide a stable release even in it's 1.1 update! The codebase is a mess... GTA:SA interfaces are interpret wrong and left at their buggy state. Model loading is a very shady subject.

That is why I started my project: MTA:GREEN. I want to help the MTA:BLUE team and when I am done, it will be capable to render III, VC and many more game contents into one. Do you do Project Redivivus out of nostalgia's sake? Even then, MTA:SA can give you the nostalgia you seek after.

I am a very nice guy you know. MTA:BLUE refuses to clean up their codebase. So I do that, since I see the importance in a real coding etiquette, instead of bi***ing about wrong tabbing.

What do you think? Care to join me for a better MTA? If you do, I will manage our coding activities.

Cheers,
The_GTA
GodFather

Re: Why Project Redivivus?

Post by GodFather »

Well I support the idea. But the leaders should decide. If you unite things will go much faster.
Soon...
Jaysds1
Beta Tester

Post by Jaysds1 »

Ya, I agree, but the only thing in this is TRUST...
Lots of people who are willing to help MTA are just people who are trying to get around of hacking the whole thing, I'm not saying that you're hacking but there's some people who they trust.
SugarD-x
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by SugarD-x »

Although we have a commitment at this time to finish working on the 0.x and Blue cores for GTA III and Vice City in MTA, I am definitely interested in your progress with your project, and I highly encourage the friendly competition. The more of us working on the games, the more popular they become again...even if we are only competing on a coding level. :)

Although there isn't much we can reveal for our code until it has been open-sourced, I am totally willing to work with competing mods to share information that can benefit us both. For the sake of the games, and the betterment of their multiplayer mods, anyone competing with us that wishes to be friendly/neutral is more than welcome to ask questions and give advice, just as we would do with you.
GodFather

Post by GodFather »

Well a year passed since his post so, LOL.

Anyways, that project is going well too.
Soon...
SugarD-x
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by SugarD-x »

Do they have a website and/or use IRC? Would love to keep up with the progress there too! :)
GodFather

Post by GodFather »

No website and the irc is private.
Soon...
SugarD-x
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by SugarD-x »

GodFather wrote:No website and the irc is private.
So there's no way to track their work?
Jaysds1
Beta Tester

Post by Jaysds1 »

well, I just searched the MTA Forum for him:
http://forum.mtasa.com/memberlist.php?m ... le&u=40482

but he doesn't have a site or anything
GodFather

Post by GodFather »

SugarD-x wrote: So there's no way to track their work?
Exactly. Well just for now. :twisted: I'll tell him that you replyed back, maybe he appears again.
Soon...